Wednesday, April 15, 2009

jennifer mae & chris - Buerge Chapel at Aldersgate Retreat & Cultural Center in Pacific Palisades - My company featured on CNN/ABC!

Okay, this has to be one of the most unique weddings ever. You see, Jennifer & Chris are actually videographers who own and run their very own company in LA. Why would I be posting about them? Well, I actually had the privilege of shooting their wedding last week. But that is not what makes it so unique. What makes it so different is that whole wedding was done by bartering. The couple used their connections in the industry to trade with other vendors for their services. At first I was a little skeptical, after all, I had never even met this couple and they were getting married in a couple weeks. However, after talking with Jennifer Mae several times on the phone, I started to feel at ease with everything. And of course knowing that Ric Romero of Channel 7 ABC News was going to be doing a segment on this wedding didn't hurt! As soon as I hear anything about when the story on ABC is going to run, I will post about it. CNN.com also did a story on it and I was mentioned in it so in the mean time, you can see it HERE.

Got the pleasure of working alongside Mars and Nancy from LA based Flowers on Mars who took care of the flowers. They are an incredible event design company capable of taking care of a multiple amount of event needs. Check them out!

Chris Erickson and the rest of the staff at Buerge Chapel at Aldersgate Retreat & Cultural Center in Pacific Palisades were so incredibly accommodating to me and my crew. I really love that place and look forward to shooting there again!

5 comments:

FLOWERS ON MARS said...

It was such a pleasure to work with you on this wedding. You truely captured the true elegance. I cant wait to work with you from here on. Ive got you on our site, and I would love to get a copy of this for our site. hint hint. lol

best wishes
nancy
flowersonmars

FLOWERS ON MARS said...

Oh, man. You made my day. Such a awesome compliment and plug coming from one of the top videographers in the world. (blushing)

Thank you!
nancy

I watched the video about 3 times in a row, and my eyes water everytime.

Anonymous said...

a beautiful celebration to behold...
much love,
david

Louis Palos said...

Wow! The grooms emotions that were capture here were amazing. Always top notch work Daniel, great job!

Loyd said...

Great work, Daniel. Some killer shots through the trees and with the sun! Congrats on making the news, too!